Monday, November 16, 2009

Well, hello!

Not too long ago I missed a Very Important Memo; MySpace was out and Facebook was in. I cant pinpoint when it happened even though it wasnt a subtle transition by any stretch - all I knew is that suddenly I wasnt getting messages, no comments of any kind were being left for me, and even the friend requests stopped. MySpace had turned into a big, empty nothing which I mistook for a general case of the Jesika Sucks. Turns out that was that totally not the case (at least not this time), it was just that everyone moved all their shiz to Facebook without telling me.
I was resistant coated in stubborn. I liked what my page looked like, my pictures were organized just so and everything was in its right place. As far as I was concerned I didnt need to have another social networking site so I just wasnt going to give in. Simple as that. The problem, though, is that you cant exactly network with people if theyve all left you in a baron wasteland of emoticons and pop-punk bands trying to make you look at their haircuts.
So, fine. The Internet won. I made the switch and I wasnt happy about it. In fact, Im still not happy about it. The way people talked about Facebook made it sound like it was going to be some remarkably better, more grown up, and ultimately life-changing experience that I was somehow missing out on. Those people are damn fools! My questions of "Where is the customization? Where is the music? Where is the blogging option?" were answered with "Yeah, you cant do any of that. But its just obviously soooo much better than MySpace!" HUH?! I dont get it. You lost me. All I can see now is a giant, boring looking bulletin board jam packed full of quizzes telling you what Twilight character you are and how gangsta your name is. I refuse to "become a fan" of anything. The live vs. news feed confuses and irritates me. The validating factors are few and far between but if this is the way its going to go, then okay, I will use your damn Facebook. Often, I will even enjoy it. However, there is one thing I will not just throw by the wayside, and that my darlings is a customizable space to blog in. I thought I could go without it, and I thought that Twitter might fill the gap (and I do loves me some Twitter), but I was wrong. I guess thats where this comes in.Basically Id like to use this spot for just about anything that strikes my fancy that I think might strike yours, too.
You can count on personal updates/stories/pictures to music recommendations to random things of interest that Ive found across the web and anything in between. Oh and the blog name in reference to anything either. I just think mustaches are hilarious and since this is a digital blog well...there it is - digitalmustache! I hope you decide to stick around for a bit and Ill do my best to keep it interesting so that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment